Tags: #content #digitalagency #DigitalMarketing #GODIGITAL #planning
Content marketing isn’t new. We’ve been practicing it since far longer than the term existed, as did many others. It is an umbrella term covering a set of strategies, techniques and tactics to fulfill business and customer goals by using the most relevant content to serve, attract, convert, retain and engage customers.
“Content is King!” in the digital world and the great content is essential to any decent digital marketing activity for many, many reasons:
- Content engages with your audience
- Content shows you know what you’re talking about
- Content earns you (natural) links (essential for SEO)
- Content helps you stand out from the competition
- Content gets you found especially if you’re writing content around search queries
- Content keeps Google interested
Although these are the typical goals found in content marketing research,at ads!, we invite you to think out of the box and also look at the goals of your “audiences’. No one wants to read content that’s clearly written for search engines and stuffed with keywords. No one wants to read great swathes of jargon and dry, boring text.
This is why it’s important both not to neglect your content and to have a content plan in place.
Why Content Plans Matter
So it’s quite clear that content is important. But there are so many different sorts of content that it’s worth considering all the options when making a plan. Improving content on your site may mean:
- Re-writing product copy to make it unique and add value
- Writing category content to optimize pages for search engine rankings and usability
- Writing blog content to establish your business as a thought-leader
- Creating how-to guides for using your products
- Producing helpful guides, whitepapers and downloads to help your customers get the most out of your products and services
- Building interesting and educational content that people will share on the web (getting you natural links and better brand reach)