Tags: #Ads #Digital Marketing #SEO #SEO writing
“Finally it’s done, this will be a hit” you say and publish your blog. This is it, a topic that interests you, quality content and encouraging user interactions. A week has gone by and still nowhere near the traffic that you expected. It is a disappointment. You then learn about SEO writing through this post and plan your contents accordingly. The traffic increase is beyond what you got ever. You breathe easy!
With an estimated 3.5 billion searches being done every day, traffic from search engine is a necessity for your site. SEO writing is the writing you do with search engine results in mind. Proper SEO writing enables search engines to curate your site better and push it towards the top of organic searches of people. Basically, SEO writing is done with the goal of attracting search engine traffic. The following steps give you the best chance of increasing the traffic from search engines to your website.
- Keyword Research: Keywords are the most vital part of SEO writing. It’s important to find out the volume being used for a keyword. A high volume keyword is being searched more in the internet. Tools like Keywords Everywhere and SEMrush can be used to find out the keyword volumes.
- Header Structure: We all know the heading tags used in HTML. These are the <h1>, <h2> and so on. It’s very important that you use the <h1> tag just once and make sure it is reserved for your title. The other heading tags should also be used better. Make sure these header tags are used for sub topics that says something about the topic you are writing.
- Put the Keywords to Work: Choosing the right keywords is one thing but making it work is when you see the real fruit. Include it in your title, heading tags and mention it in different parts of your article. SEO Writing is looking easier, huh?
- Quality Content (People should care about it): It is obvious that you need quality content. However, if it’s a topic that people will care about then they are bound to go through your whole article. This is particularly important because search engines also factors in the time that your website traffic spends on your site.
- Lists (Numbered or Bullets): Lists bring out the aesthetic appeals of a blog. They break up chunks of texts and draws the eye to them. Even better use of list includes adding internal links to them. Why internal links? See the next point.
- Internal Links: These are the links that point to the same website. This is particularly useful because it enables users to stay on your site for longer. On doing so, the visitors are increasing your page visits and time on page statistics. The changes may look subtle but that is what makes the difference between normal and SEO writing.
- Title Tags and Meta Data: A title tag is the first tag and the most important one for your site. It is only 70 characters long. So, make it short but also make sure it gives enough information and includes keywords. Meta data is similar to a short ad copy that encourages user to click on your result. It usually includes a short description about the site or the blog.
SEO writing is so easy and anyone can do it. But doing it and mastering it is completely different. As the saying goes that “Practice makes perfect”, don’t expect your first writing to be a ‘blockbuster’. But if you follow the above steps then you will be on your way to creating a ‘billion dollar movie’. Keep creating contents and improve it in terms of SEO writing.
At ads! we provide you the option of SEO writing to ensure that your site has the chance to reach out to as many audience as possible. We understand the effort you put on your product and we will help you make it shine.